A slow drain can definitely be a pain! You wash your dishes, you brush your teeth, you take your shower… but the water just won’t go away fast enough! It’s enough to make you feel like you’re going to go crazy.
Fortunately, a slow drain isn’t the end of the world, even though it can definitely be troublesome. In fact, at Pronto Plumbing, we often see them. They usually lead us to diagnose one or more of the following issues:
1. Clogged pipes. This is the frequently the case with a slow drain. Gunk builds up over time and don’t allow water to run freely. You can try to clean it out yourself using a DIY remedy, or you can hire a professional if you’re not getting any success.
2. A different pipe is clogged. The pipe that directly leads from your sink may not be the ultimate problem. If multiple pipes are taking the same route to get to a main pipe, any one of them could have a clog.
3. Broken vents. Did you know that there are vents in your pipes? The vents are there to regulate the water pressure. If one of them is broken (and you can’t tell until you get down and dirty into the system), the draining won’t happen as quickly as usual.
4. Broken or cracked pipes. Again, this is an issue that you might not notice because the pipes are hidden. Pipes that have broken down can lead to slow draining. (They can also lead to bigger issues, including indoor flooding, so it’s best to get this taken care of sooner rather than later!)
5. Broken or clogged traps. The traps under the sink could be clogged or cracked, causing the slow drainage. You can inspect these yourself, although if you don’t feel comfortable taking them off or apart, it’s best to call someone who knows his or her way around pipes.
No matter what’s causing your slow drain, we can help you! Call Pronto Plumbing to schedule your appointment today.